Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 92305

Total:#6

Create Thread

[Discussion] Old returning player

[Copy link] 5/1888

Posted on 2013-02-21 02:44:54 | Show thread starter's posts only

I am an old player who has recently returned after a 3 to 4 year break, and have question about the state of the game:

1) Is dragon armor worth anything these days? I have black dragon armor should i ditch it and buy the profession armor?
2) Ships: I have lvl 10 bs and adventure ships, how does one go about upgrading them nowadays?
3) Item binding: can this be reversed?

I am a lvl 124 Caribbean pirate and really have no idea what you guys do from her on, any help would be appreciated.

Signature
Posted on 2013-02-21 02:49:08 | Show thread starter's posts only

First of all I want to say Welcome Back! Your best bet would be to create a new character and start from there... there are new storyline quests and you can be up to a lvl 120 in a matter of hours with it and doing the Knight's Vigil quest also gives you a full set of 120 profession gear including jewels. New players automatically receive 3 lvl 10 ships and then after you complete the sea battle part of the Knight's Vigil you also get a full set of sea gear and a lvl 11 raiding ship. As far as binding is concerned, some items can be unbound with an unbinding tool and some cannot. You do have to weigh in if it is worth the cost of unbinding the item versus being able to create or obtain another one.

[ Last edited by Phyris at 2013-2-21 02:51 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-02-27 08:12:09 | Show thread starter's posts only

Original posted by Phyris at 2013-2-21 02:49
First of all I want to say Welcome Back! Your best bet would be to create a new character and start from there... there are new storyline quests and you can be up to a lvl 120 in a matter of hours wit ...

WHAT.

Please explain these quests, since they've obviously gone straight under my nose. Lvl 63 RMO here.

Also, even though you level that fast, doesn't your Sea battle, Eloquence and Voyage skills need extra training to be able to use those ships?

Signature
Posted on 2013-02-27 09:20:35 | Show thread starter's posts only

New characters are given "ability reward gold"  you can turn 1 in to level a skill to 100 ( you get 4 or 5)  in Athens
all this is explained in the beginner quest line guide:

May 2012; New Player Quest Line - Athens/The Veteran
http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=54346&page=1#pid427894

when you reach 120 you can then do the knights vigil quests and get the free 120 uniforms and weapon and the level 11 raider

Knight's Vigil (120 Prof) Storyline Guide (Kratos)
http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=54347&page=1#pid427909

I still think the best way to learn about the game (changes) is to join a guild, as guild members tend to be more willing to help and answer questions...and you tend to get the answers faster.

But I also suggest you bookmark the list of guides (there are 2 pages of them)...
so use your browser search; ctrl +F  and search on a word that might be in a guide title.

List of Guides 2013
http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=48976&page=1#pid378523

- Ele

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2013-2-27 06:31 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-02-27 09:41:46 | Show thread starter's posts only

Original posted by dylanreaper at 21-2-2013 02:44 AM
I am an old player who has recently returned after a 3 to 4 year break, and have question about the state of the game:

1) Is dragon armor worth anything these days? I have black dragon armor should i ditch it and buy the profession armor?
2) Ships: I have lvl 10 bs and adventure ships, how does one go about upgrading them nowadays?
3) Item binding: can this be reversed?

I am a lvl 124 Caribbean pirate and really have no idea what you guys do from her on, any help would be appreciated.

welcome back

1. no dragon gear isnt worth anything as main armor, for the most part the base stats of the prof gear is better than even plused dragon gear. however some of the skills are still useful, like running speed for black falc, freeze hat, white armor, etc
u can get free 95 armor and hat from tasks and plus that with bad refines
as also mentioned u get free 120 gear once u hit lvl 120 which u can then refine with the normal refines, which drop from the north island instances

2. ship upgrading is the same as it was before, lvl 11 can be upgraded in colonies and lvl 12 and 13 ships are upgraded in the new american cities

3. yes with unbinding tools, there are 3 tools, one for 120 and under, one for 140 and under and one for 150 and under
the 120 and 140 tools can be obtained from a npc in las palmas port
120 tool is 100 SOV
140 tool is 1200 SOV
150 tools is only from the item mall

Signature
Posted on 2013-02-27 21:19:45 | Show thread starter's posts only

If the guy is in Black and has lvl 10 ships.
He just needs to gear up. He already is at 100 on his main skills.
So he needs phase 3 books.
He can do lvl 120 quest for his Proffession gear.
Now since he mentioned he is 124 CP ..
He didn't just pop in and get 124 proffession lvls.
So his issue is did the quest come available or not?
It doesn't make sense to " start over a new guy " once your advancement is this high.
Join a decent guild and your golden.
You know already how to work or you wouldn't have left the game at top lvls in gear. And ships for the time.
Do use the story line at any rate for whatever bonus it now offers in gols and items and proff exp plus whatever rep you spam as dying now hurts more.

Keep old gear for buffs once you guild up they will explain what stacks and when.
For example some use the uni protection buff and quick change to proff gear.
Weapons you stack skills or just use movement bonus.
A freezing helm is also a good thing to have as well as some other old stuff.
At least until your all buffed and refined its good to use whatever advantage you can gain without paying.

[ Last edited by ledhed at 2013-2-27 21:25 ]

Signature
.http://voyagecentury.wikia.com 
Visit yourpiratescove.com for game features !
[url=http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976]http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976[/url]