Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 91996

Total:#4

Create Thread

[Discussion] start up animation

[Copy link] 3/1694

Posted on 2013-01-08 19:13:44 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hi there mates. I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the start up animation when you load up the game or resign into the game. I have a slow computer and the start up animation just takes up a few minutes to get past. So if there was a way to disable it my game would load up much faster giving me more time to play.

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-09 07:10:15 | Show thread starter's posts only

I'm not sure if it's legal to do this, but if you want the game to skip that intro you can simply go to your voyage century's game directory in your local disk, then enter the folder 'voyage' and find a file called 'logo' (with .mpg extension). After finding it. you can either delete it or rename it to any other name.

This way the core will skip the publisher's intro due to not finding the necessary file.

*If this is not permitted please notify me, so I can edit my post*

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-09 09:33:41 | Show thread starter's posts only

we have had to tell people how to bypass the mpg  before...
but with all the game updates if you are having trouble running the video, I am surprised you are not having trouble running the game.

You will need administrator privileges to edit the file...
And even though I am the only one who uses this computer, I had to have my computer guy make it so I could edit the VCO file...
and I don't think i can explain how to do that ... nor am I sure I should.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-09 11:19:34 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hmm I had no problems with previleges because I'm using windows 8. But I'm sure as soon as you edit something in the Program Files while using later versions of windows the UAC thing will come up...

Signature