Voyage Online Today: 1    Total Posts: 96566

Total:#15

Create Thread

[Discussion] VCO and Windows 8

[Copy link] 14/4347

Posted on 2012-09-24 16:59:36 | Show thread starter's posts only

I didn't found any thread about this but, anyone tried install VCO on Windows 8 and play? I was try but with switchable graphics which i have in laptop is this for now mission impossible for run any game and another problem was when i started core.exe then game crashed even with compatibility mode.

Signature
Posted on 2012-09-24 17:20:33 | Show thread starter's posts only

The game client contained a virus, which made the game crash upon starting.

Make sure you have AVG Antivirus installed. After reinstalling the game, scan Core.exe with AVG. If it finds any viruses, they will be automatically removed, and the game will not crash.

If it doesn't find anything, then the problem is something else. You can post us everything from the system.log file so we can see whats causing the problems.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2012-09-24 18:13:08 | Show thread starter's posts only

FYI to everyone...

Windows 8  I can only find that it is still in preview .... not an official version yet...
obviously as it is new.... we know nothing about it or how to solve any problems with it...
so I suggest everyone stick with windows 7 for about a year after its official release!

However if you like troubleshooting .... please feel free to post any thing you figure out about how VCO interacts with windows 8..
I'll try to keep all that information together in one thread at least for a while...

further warnings from the windows site:

Is Windows 8 Release Preview ready for everyone to try?
We strongly recommend that only experienced PC users download Windows 8 Release Preview. Before you download  the preview, you should weigh the pros and cons of  installing software that's still in development. If you install the preview release, you'll get to try out the many new features, but you might also encounter errors that you wouldn't encounter using a released version of Windows.

You should consider downloading the Windows 8 Release Preview only if all of the following apply to you:

• You like to use  the latest software and enjoy experimenting with new technology.You're comfortable backing up a PC, formatting a hard drive, and installing an operating system from scratch.
  • You feel comfortable troubleshooting PC problems yourself.
  • You don't mind updating software frequently.
  • You have the  installation or recovery media and the knowledge to restore your previous operating system after you're done testing Windows 8 Release Preview.

Are there risks to installing Windows 8 Release Preview?                                 
Yes.
Windows 8 Release Preview is stable and has been thoroughly tested, but it’s not the finished product. Your PC could crash and you could lose important files. You should back up your data and you shouldn't test Windows 8 Release Preview on your primary home or business PC.
You might also encounter problems like:            
  •   Software that doesn’t install or work correctly, including antivirus or security programs.
  •   Printers, video cards, or other hardware that doesn’t work.
  •   Difficulty accessing corporate or home networks.
  •   Files that might become corrupted.

You should carefully balance the risks and rewards of trying out the Windows 8 Release Preview before you install it.            

What are the system requirements for Windows 8 Release Preview?                                   
Windows 8 Release Preview works great on the same hardware that powers  Windows 7:            

• Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
  • RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB  (64-bit)
  • Hard disk space:   16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
  • Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver

Additional requirements to use certain features:
  • To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch.
  • To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768.
  • To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768.
  • Internet access (ISP fees might apply)

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2012-9-24 16:29 ]

Signature
Posted on 2012-09-24 19:30:32 | Show thread starter's posts only

vco ran just fine on my pc when i tested win 8

Signature
Posted on 2012-09-25 01:47:49 | Show thread starter's posts only

i wont be getting windows 8
win 7 is fine for me
from what ive heard 8 isnt worth it unless u have a touch screen based computer

plus they found a hidden program in it that snoops for microsoft
it reports to them every program u have installed, and every file u download
plus to add on that, in their brilliance they used a protocol which is commonly a favorite for hackers
they are so smart, brought to u by the company that rolled out vista

[ Last edited by seleniummc at 2012-9-25 02:50 ]

Signature
Posted on 2012-09-26 14:02:03 | Show thread starter's posts only

they cant make this game run proper even with older versions. why do u expect them to make it for new win versions

Signature
Posted on 2012-09-26 18:40:00 | Show thread starter's posts only

they cant make this game run proper even with older versions. why do u expect them to make it for new win versions

We don't!!!  that's why I highly suggested you keep using windows 7...  

Though I suggest anyone in Europe now do a new trace to the IGG servers....
seems they may have found a way to get European connections across the pond a lot faster....

I'd love to hear how the connections are now that the servers end location was changed...
ends now in Atlanta Georgia for me...

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2012-11-01 10:10:04 | Show thread starter's posts only

The game works just fine with my Windows 8 pro 64 bit, not even 1 problem going 3 days strong =)

Signature
Posted on 2012-11-01 17:06:21 | Show thread starter's posts only

Had 8 almost all year now it's stupid but runs fine since beta

Signature
Posted on 2012-11-01 20:27:42 | Show thread starter's posts only

i have no plan on getting windows 8
for reasons see my post above

good luck to all of u that do

Signature