Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 91996

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Discussion] How about my laptop battery?

[Copy link] 7/2394

Posted on 2012-07-12 04:41:41 | Show thread starter's posts only

my laptop is a HP CG60-243CL (Windows Vista home premium) and its about 7 months old. Whenever i would put my  Dell Vostro 1710 Batterycharger into my laptop it says "plugged in, not charging" this is when it's on. Most particularly it has a blinking LED light on the charging icon (Lightning bolt icon). However, when i charge it when it's put on shutdown/hibernate the LED light (The lightning bolt icon) has a solid white light. So therefore it is charging. Does anyone know the reason why my laptop is acting this way?

link removed in case this is spam...?  guessing it is as this is a first time poster.  - Ele

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2013-1-10 06:15 ]

Signature
Posted on 2012-07-12 06:01:49 | Show thread starter's posts only

the internet search engines are your friends, friend

No outside links sorry hon. Mona

[ Last edited by MonaMaui at 2012-7-12 07:23 ]

Signature
Posted on 2012-07-12 06:23:01 | Show thread starter's posts only

HMm same question from 3 years ago..very same words on the HP site....

Sometimes it is necessary to do a hard reset to erase all of the information in the temporary memory and regain functionality of your PC when it stops responding. For example, doing a hard reset is helpful if your keyboard quits responding, you cannot get your PC to come out of hibernation or sleep mode, or if a software program causes the PC to freeze or the battery stops charging.

The hard reset will not delete saved files on the hard drive.
Performing a hard reset
To perform a hard reset, follow the steps below.
1-Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC and remove from any port replicator or docking station.
2-Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
3-Press and hold down the power button for about 20 seconds.
NOTE: Holding down the power button while the computer is turned off drains any residual charge in the capacitors.
4-Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC.
5-Press the power button to turn the notebook PC back on.

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-10 02:18:46 | Show thread starter's posts only

At first, you should make sure your battery , power supply and motherboard are fine. Otherwise, try the following steps:

1. Disconnect AC 2. Shutdown 3. Remove battery 4. Connect AC 5. Startup 6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).7. Shutdown 8.Disconnect AC 9.Insert battery 10.Connect AC 11.Startup

possibly, take  a second thought to buy a battery replacement,
sorry no outside links are allowed by forum rules, just PM the address
-Sele

[ Last edited by seleniummc at 2013-1-10 05:09 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-10 03:04:39 | Show thread starter's posts only

Dell chargers tend to have a chip in them that regulates the charge to the laptop.  Ive had many Dell chargers that will supply DC power to a laptop and keep it running, but not charge the battery.  It could also be the watts put out by the laptop charger, many are 65w, many are 90w, etc.  Good way to check might be to goto the CMOS and check under the battery setting, it may recognize the charger and give you some indication of whether is supplying ample power/ charging the battery.  Cheap way to deteremine if your charger maybe bad is take your laptop to an electronics store (Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc) and ask to test one their universal chargers. If you notice your battery charging with their charger but not yours, you very may well have a bad charger.

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-10 05:20:49 | Show thread starter's posts only

u really shouldnt mix and match chargers like that
they can have different polarities, different wattages
chargers can very a lot company to company, even from model to model in a company
only use one made for ur model, or one that specifically says it is compatible with that model
just because it plugs in doesnt always means it will work right
id suggest finding another one

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-10 08:13:30 | Show thread starter's posts only

Why any of you have bothered to answer is a mystery, this guy is a spambot.

I will bet £10 he doesnt come back to look/reply to any answers.

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-10 18:29:23 | Show thread starter's posts only

cause we are nice... and have nothing better to do at 4 am lol
f90

Signature