Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 96568

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Discussion] System Requirements

[Copy link] 7/3123

Posted on 2011-12-28 08:45:36 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hello !

Well i wonder if IGG ever thought about to change System Requirements on Homepage.
Under minimum requirements VCO will not run any longer.....with the recommendet i guess only with massive lags !

I think many players complaining about lags bcs. their machines are simply to weak !

[ Last edited by SARAC3N at 2011-12-28 08:46 ]

Signature
Posted on 2011-12-28 12:10:31 | Show thread starter's posts only

Original posted by SARAC3N at 28-12-2011 14:45
I think many players complaining about lags bcs. their machines are simply to weak !

AMD Phenon 9500 Quad Core ~ 2.2GHz
ATI Radeon 3850 512MB
4GB RAM
600 GB Seagate HDD

Lag with 1 client, 2 barely, 3 unplayable.

Yep, you're right, my maschine is simply too weak.

I should get computer cluster. Like they have in NASA

Birds-eye view of the 10,240-processor SGI Altix supercomputer housed at the NASA Advanced Supercomputing facility.   

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2011-12-28 12:55:47 | Show thread starter's posts only

vco is alergic to multiple core working so...i got quadcore 2.7ghz  4 gb ram ...got dual os....if i play in vista or 7 ...lagggggggg, if i switch to xp pro..6 or even 7 acounts with no lag.....too bad with all this patches they dont bother to upgrade the games coding lol...maybe they need sell more im f37 ...snifff poor igg

Signature
Posted on 2011-12-28 17:56:09 | Show thread starter's posts only

Well, not really, its not IGG's fault, even if they sell more IM, they still wouldn't be able to repair it.

Its Snail Games job. I guess they are developing better games and don't want to spend time on this old junk...

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2011-12-29 07:09:46 | Show thread starter's posts only

Well, not really, its not IGG's fault,

They have access to game code, they can change whatever they want...well guess depends on the contract they have with snails...but they seem to have no problem changing stuff IM related, u dont have any of this bound crap in snail version...u can even sell the drops u get from ini´s and MO is tradable...so they can do changes....maybe they just dont want to, and making the game run better in multiple core OS´s is not quantum phisics....

Signature
Posted on 2014-02-26 03:05:08 | Show thread starter's posts only

i have the amd athlon II x3 450 cpu 4gb ddr3 1333mhz ram, Msi N430GT 2gb ddr 3 and works with 3 clients normaly not lagging.

Signature
Posted on 2014-02-26 03:08:05 | Show thread starter's posts only

whoa, u just revived a 3 yr old thread lol, but yeh 3 years and they still havnt updated the system requirements lol

Signature
Posted on 2014-02-26 09:23:36 | Show thread starter's posts only

A lot of the lag is because of the internet.
not all lag... but a lot of time its is the net.  

In general, the most complaints on lag come from people in Europe. (Or people in the "country" usually east of the Mississippi river, in America)

For some reason  even though IGG tried to make changes, a lot of times you poor Europeans are bounced around in circles before crossing the pond or get routed through old lines as your signal crosses America.
(servers are in California just south of San Francisco last time I looked)

Also the time of day can effect your connection...  the crazy busy time for the net seems to start at about 4 pm EDT... and go till maybe 9 pm  and weekends ...  so you are working against that as well.

I'm not sure how they do it in Europe, but here in America, you only get a really good connection at those times if you pay your provider for a "business" internet connection... one where they will guarantee a certain speed..

That being said....  then there are battlefields...  no real fix for that except maybe a 8 gig of ram or those NASA computers..  

- Ele

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2014-2-26 06:28 ]

Signature