Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 96568

Total:#2

Create Thread

[Discussion] Reminder on some points of the TOS/EULA

Close [Copy link] 1/4409

Posted on 2011-09-29 07:55:36 | Show thread starter's posts only

What are the TOS/End User License Agreement
In general they tell you what you're allowed to do with your account and the client files.

Where can I find them?
They can be found when registering a new account (http://www.igg.com/member/reg.php?url= ) by clicking on "End User License Agreement" (EULA).

I've never read it, does it still cover my account?
As you have to tick the box "I have read..." when you register your account, yes.

Now, what do they say? Anything important?
If you take your time to read it, you'll see it covers quite some stuff people think is allowed.

Like what?
They cover Account selling for Real Money, File Changes, monitoring the chat etc. I'll copy out the most important parts later on in this post.

Are the EULA limited to this game?
No, they are for all IGG Games as well as forums. Therefore offending Account IDs or selling of Items for real money in an offical IGG forum may lead to termination of your account and any account connected to it. Anything that violates these points will be deleted or moved by the mods and may be reported to the higher ups of IGG.

Now the most important points. I underlined the important parts of the points but I strongly suggest you should read the whole thing. I do not care if they are legally correct, it's not my business to judge that.

4. ACCOUNT
(b) Account ID. At the time your Account is opened, you must choose a name to identify yourself to our staff (your "Account ID"). You may not select as your Account ID the name of another person, or a name which violates any third party's trademark right, copyright, or other proprietary right, or which may mislead other Members to believe you to be an employee of ours, or which we deem in our sole discretion to be vulgar or otherwise offensive. We reserve the right to delete, or to change, any vulgar or otherwise offensive Account ID. You have sole liability for all activities conducted through your Account or under your Account ID.

(c) Account. By agreeing to the User Agreement you agree that you do not own the Account you use to access the Services, the characters we store on our servers, the game items in the Account, or any other data which the servers and accounts are comprised of. The Account, characters, game items, and any other data which the servers and accounts are comprised of, are properties of us or our licensors.

(d) Character Name. In order to use the Services, you must create a character in anyone of The Games and choose a name for your character to identify your character to other Members (your "Character Name"). You may not select as your Character Name the name of another person, or a name which violates any third party's trademark right, copyright, or other proprietary right, or which may mislead other Members to believe you to be an employee of ours, or which we deem in our sole discretion to be vulgar or otherwise offensive. We reserve the right to delete, or alter any vulgar or otherwise offensive Character Name. Only ASCII characters are allowed for any character names in the Game. No Unicode is allowed.

(f) Passwords. At the time your Account is opened, you must select a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and you are responsible for any harm resulting from your disclosure or allowing the disclosure of your password or from use by any person of your password to gain access to your Account and Account ID. At no time should you respond to an online request for a password. We will never ask for your password offline or online, except that you will be required to enter your password as part of the log-on process, or when you are requesting us to perform certain service that requires your password authentication, in which case you will only send your password to our designated email address or our website.

(i) Related Accounts. If we terminate an Account, we may terminate any other Accounts that share the same member name, phone number, email address, postal address, Internet Protocol address, or credit card number with the terminated Account.

(j) Multiple Accounts. Currently, each Player, User, or Member is permitted to register more than one account. However, we reserve the right to limit the number of Accounts each Player may register.

(k) Right To Monitor and Remove Unacceptable Contents. We have the right, but not the duty, to review and monitor all content submitted for or included on the Services, and in our sole discretion to remove any content that the we find objectionable for any reason, without any prior notice to the Member.

7. TRADING AMONG PLAYERS
Trading of Game Items or in game money between Players on the same server is permitted. All other trading or transfers, including without limitations, trading of Account ID, Account Names, and all out-of-game transfers, are strictly prohibited.
We are not responsible for any losses occurred related to any permitted or prohibited trading activities. ANY AND ALL PROHIBITED CONDUCTS MAY RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF THE ACCOUNTS INVOLVED IN SUCH TRADING.

8. CONTENT AND MEMBER CONDUCT

(e) Cheating Programs. To ensure fair play, we do not allow the use of any cheating programs such as macros, bots, or mouse simulators etc., to play IGG Games. If you use these cheating programs, you may suffer severe consequences including, but not limited, to the followings: (i) we may suspend your Account for an indefinite period time; (ii) we may terminate your Account; and (iii) we reserve the right to seek further legal remedies against you.

(f) Modification of the Client Program. All Members must use the client programs provided by us. We periodically update the client program as well, and all players are required to use the latest version of the Games. Modification of the client programs of the Games is strictly prohibited. Any violations may result the termination of your Account.

(g) Exploitation of Program Bug. Members are prohibited from exploiting any programming bugs in Games, on the Web Site, and/or within our system. Any violations may result the termination of Account.

11. PARENTAL GUIDANCE

While we may choose to monitor and take action upon inappropriate Game play, chat or links to the Service, it is possible that at any time there may be language or other material accessible on or through the Services that may be inappropriate for children or offensive to some users of any age. We cannot ensure that other players will not provide content or access to content that parents or guardians may find inappropriate or that any User may find objectionable. We do not as a matter of policy pre-screen the Content of the materials or communications transmitted by each player.

12. INTERRUPTION OF SERVICES

(a) We reserve the right to interrupt the Services from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance.

(b) You acknowledge that the Services may be interrupted for reasons beyond our control, and we cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Services or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. We shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes beyond our reasonable control.

Alktellumaion

[ Last edited by Alktellumaion at 2011-9-29 19:20 ]

Signature
Posted on 2012-02-01 11:36:52 | Show thread starter's posts only

Yes please follow the rules. Thank youl

Signature