Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 92816

Total:#46

Create Thread

[Discussion] Please Update Program To Start The Game

Hot Topics [Copy link] 45/7281

Posted on 2013-01-13 08:25:40 | Show thread starter's posts only

ooookej . .  now ive finally got it to work. i guess my vista was the problem. now in win 7 all is fine but my carracters seems to be gone from account :(

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-13 08:43:31 | Show thread starter's posts only

Odd...  I've run this game on XP 64, Vista 32 and 64, currently running Win 7 64 and never had a problem.  Today however, thus why I write this now, I had 4 clients on, all crashed at the same time, no message or anything.  Tried to log back in, his the "start" button, client just shut down, could not get any further than that.  Rebooted, same thing, so now reinstalling the game, never had that happen to me before!

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-13 12:19:37 | Show thread starter's posts only

So it was Vista problem after all. Strange tho, it probably depends on Vista settings. Maybe there was something specific in your version which prevented the game from running. Anyways I'm glad you solved the problem.

Now about your characters. Are you sure you picked the right server? There are 4 servers now. Some of them were merged like Magellan and Marco Polo. Its also possible they screwed it during merging. If you don't find your characters on any of the 4 servers, your best bet is live support. Tech department can check the history of your account and tell you exactly what happened.

How long you didn't play and how strong were you? During last year the game changed a lot. New players are getting level 10 ships for free now. Storyline quest is providing over 130 profession levels in couple of days. There's also a new storyline which gives you free 120 land and sea equipment, including free level 11 raider ship. Lets not forget you're also getting 4x level 100 instant skills and half million reputation for free!

I would recommend you to start all over again with new character. Live support is usually slow and takes them weeks to check everything. If you haven't played more than a year, then I'm pretty much sure you can get a better character than your old within week or so.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2013-01-13 15:46:15 | Show thread starter's posts only

DSOFA . thank you for the support.. and offcoarse the rest of you who tried to help allso =)

ive talked to the onlinesupport to see if i can get my old chars back but i wouldnt have to hight hopes . .
miss my ol ships thou . .

i had come quit far on the storylinequests if i recall . .

well nevermind . .  even if they cant get my chars back atleast im back in the game . .  on magellan =)

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-13 17:35:09 | Show thread starter's posts only

New Characters instantly get 3 lvl 10 ships now, merchant, raider, and battleship.

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-14 15:18:51 | Show thread starter's posts only

yea, depending on how old ur characters are, might be easier to just start a new one
its sad but true

Signature