Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 96577

Total:#46

Create Thread

[Discussion] Please Update Program To Start The Game

Hot Topics [Copy link] 45/8696

Posted on 2013-01-12 06:38:05 | Show thread starter's posts only

well that was just great    . .  not . .  ive tried allmost everything i could think of now , didnt work installing it on my webserver either.
not with my old iles , not with new files not from downloader , not from http-download and not from torrent download . .  this is emberrasing

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-12 07:07:30 | Show thread starter's posts only

The only thing embarrassing is your attempt of an explanation to your problem, if you even have one.
I honestly have no idea what your trying to say.

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-12 09:39:58 | Show thread starter's posts only

I actually think he explained it pretty well.

Its just the problem with solution. There are none.
I've personally solved many tech problems, but I never managed to solve this one. I don't know whats causing it. It looks like an error caused by something local.

So you say you have a web server? Is it on same network as your PC? It might be a problem with network. Maybe you need to forward some ports on your router. I'm not exactly sure how would blocked ports cause that error, but you never know, its worth a shot. I think vco is using ports from 2000-3000 so you should try forwarding those.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2013-01-12 12:29:00 | Show thread starter's posts only

You sure? I tried tipping my screen upside down. reading it right to left and still couldnt make sense of it.
My wildest guesses would be he is having a problem with the launcher or just downloading the game completely from the website using the http links and/or the torrents.

Sofa, I was talking about the post above mine, by Farrol1. couldnt make heads or tails of it lol

[ Last edited by JAYFITZY at 2013-1-12 15:58 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-12 17:29:24 | Show thread starter's posts only

The only thing embarrassing is your attempt of an explanation to your problem, if you even have one.
I honestly have no idea what your trying to say.

that was a nice " good for nothing post" sort of speak.
i guess you didnt bother to read the full thread but never mind that.

i have forwarded every port i could think of as of right now im forwarding 2000, 2001, 2002, 3000, 7021, 7121.
i have tried to put this computer in DMZ ( demilitarisedzon ) , didnt work either.

i will try to, as you wrote , open all the ports from 2000-3500 to see if it makes any diffrens

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-12 17:37:25 | Show thread starter's posts only

... and that didnt work either.

my guess now is that its Vista that is not compatible. but i couldnt get it to work on XP either.

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-12 17:52:27 | Show thread starter's posts only

hmm . .  any other ports that i might be in need of forwarding ?

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-13 06:51:40 | Show thread starter's posts only

In all honesty, no I didnt read the full thread, I thought yours was the first post.... but I know people have played in the past with vista, and I played for 4 years on XP.

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-13 07:37:22 | Show thread starter's posts only

Original posted by JAYFITZY at 2013-1-13 06:51
In all honesty, no I didnt read the full thread, I thought yours was the first post.... but I know people have played in the past with vista, and I played for 4 years on XP.

well funny thing . .  ive played it before on Vista and i played it on xp to for allmost a year a couple of years ago.

now i just wont get it to install properly .
it trys to download autoupdateprogram but that just wont happen , then it says my client is up to date with the right version and when i hit enter game it CTD with a prompt telling me " please update program to start game ".

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-13 07:40:35 | Show thread starter's posts only

now ive hade it with this d*mn Vista crap . . im uninstalling , format c:/ and installing win7 =(

lets pray it works after that otherwise this computer and router is going in to orbit

Signature