Signature
Posted on 2013-01-09 16:42:16 | Show thread starter's posts only

Sounds like it's time to go here...

live support chat can be found at
http://service.igg.com/ls.php
click the VCO button

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-09 19:31:59 | Show thread starter's posts only

Now that we know its not a virus problem, there could be a problem with windows vista.

You said you tried running in compatibility mode and admin mode, but have you tried disabling UAC? Also have you tried running both voyagecentury.exe and Core.exe in compatibility and admin mode?

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2013-01-10 09:29:09 | Show thread starter's posts only

yes that last error looks like you are not running the game as administer...
it will not load the small patch at start up unless you "run the game as administer"

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-10 11:10:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

sorry . im logged on computer as admin and running everything as admin throu right click menu.
i ran all install applikations and patches with right click "run as admin"-option.
i have tried both with and without compatability  option.

next thing i will try shall be not using " run as admin "-option when i install and run patches just to see if beeing logged on computer as admin and then using run as admin-option might be taking eachother out.

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-11 10:00:52 | Show thread starter's posts only

this is a weird one...

I looked again at the pictures you posted...

on the bottom of the "screens"  it looks like the very last automatically loading small patch is loading...
in the 2nd screen it says "client side is newest version, you can start the game"...
but then when you click the start button it crashes...
yes obviously the first screen says it did not load correctly....

I am wondering if the small auto patch is getting corrupted or just IS corrupted...

is your antivirus running when you are starting the game??
its possible the auto patch has a perceived virus and instead of correcting the problem your antivirus just deletes the file?
just am idea  don't know if its true

has anyone else tried loading the auto update lately?

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-11 11:05:23 | Show thread starter's posts only

well ive been thinking the same thing but now ive installed and reinstalled from allmost every availble downloadsource in the downloadarea.
everytime i get the same result.

doesnt seem legit that i should get the same corrupt file everytime.

the same thing happend both with and without antivirus installed so that could be ruled out aswell.

the live support is looking in to it now.
i hope they find something that could help me

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-11 11:28:50 | Show thread starter's posts only

Yeah its pretty weird error. I would guess it has something to do with Vista. Something with administrative privileges. Something which is not easily solvable as running as admin, something deeper which has something to do with services running on Vista. Since I don't know much about Vista, I cannot provide any more suggestions.

I'm not exactly sure why are you still running Vista. Its one of the so called fails of microsoft. Maybe you should try switching to windows 7 or going back to xp.

Hopefully you will find a way to solve your problem.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2013-01-11 12:51:00 | Show thread starter's posts only

I'm not exactly sure why are you still running Vista. Its one of the so called fails of microsoft. Maybe you should try switching to windows 7 or going back to xp.

hehe . .  true true. i have been thinking about moving along but not just yet.
if this is not solved maybe i have to sooner than ive been thinking

but . .  right now i was trying to run the voyagecentury.exe throu sandbox in my antivirus and all the sudden i got a prompt telling me my updatefiles are broken ".
this is getting more and more weird

Signature
Posted on 2013-01-12 06:07:56 | Show thread starter's posts only

im installing the client on my dedicated webserver right now. using the same files as on my  "gamingcomputer" just to c if it is Vista thats messing with settings

Signature