[Announcements] is quarantine over?

[Copy link] 11/634

Posted on 2020-04-13 11:31:11 | Show thread starter's posts only

Croatia still under quarantine.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2020-04-13 11:44:34 | Show thread starter's posts only

In USA the timing is determined by each State.
The coastal states got hit first... as you can see the central states and Alaska are yet to be affected.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/us-map

Where I am (west coast) we have always been allowed to go to work, Though e-commuting is encouraged if possible.

Just schools are closed by government order until the 27th of this month (possibly later depends on the state government).
But places like the city Hall (city government), Library (county government) and movie theaters are closed voluntarily. (opening date unknown) - but city and county crews like parks and roads are still working.

The court system has pretty much put jury trials off until June with judges and lawyers actually holding court proceedings virtually when possible... and entering pleas electronically.

Banks (certain main branches) are open but there is a person at the door limiting number of people and retractable belt/ post and rope to keep people 6 ft away from the few bank employees.
Post office is the same, except they just use tape on the floor to mark distancing.
Obviously the grocery stores are still open.... other stores are open but with skeleton crew as no one is out buying much anyway.

Restaurants if they are open can only serve take out ... so the food delivery services are doing well (grubhub, door dash, Uber eats)

My town is pretty relaxed and people will automatically observe the 6 foot (1.83 Meter) distancing rule if there is any type of line.

We are still allowed to exercise and that is where I am getting concerned as a few days ago the sun actually came out almost no one was wearing a mask... however, the swings, slides and play equipment at the park is caution taped off...but as it is near impossible to rope off the skateboard "bowl"  (there was some tape) there was 1 guy using it when I walked by on Friday.  (grin)

- Ele

Signature