Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 3688

Total:#11

Create Thread

[Announcements] Posts on selling or buying of unexchangeable items & Accounts

Sticky   [Copy link] 10/6155

Posted on 2011-10-19 22:13:10 | Show thread starter's posts only

Since I G G prohibits the sale of items and does not interfere when trading , selling etc goes bad then the advertising of either wanting to buy these items or sell this items cannot be allowed on the forums.

Mona

Signature
Posted on 2011-10-19 22:20:59 | Show thread starter's posts only

This was by Ele sorry something happen to the other announcement

Eleftheria

Important threads
A bit more in-depth explanation:

This is referring to any item that says "Can not Exchange"
(the game is designed for them to not be trad-able)

We have been told that technically the trading or selling of these items is illegal.

Obviously IGG chooses not to enforce TOS/ end user agreement/ rules that you agree to when you sign up to play this game,  in game play unless complaints are made... and Live support seems to be a coin toss on how they will react.

Here on the Forum we actually try to enforce these rules.

Why?  Basically it comes down to this:
Sometimes these type of sales go bad (ie. a person is scammed).
So to "protect" the players...we will start removing them.
Otherwise it looks like we condone/support the sale/buying/trading of the items which is against the TOS.

Why take so long before enforcing the rule;
Quite frankly we could not get an answer out of IGG.  We have only had one admin tell us once that it is against the TOS...
well  .. I leave it to the powers above to explain why IGG doesn't take a stand on anything...

I will say personally I am not sure I agree with rule 100%  but ... I am going with the majority of my peers... and well, we mods have discussed this topic to death....its time to make a stance and I suppose this stance is on the side of caution.

as a side note....
Hopefully by now you all realize that we have (at least in the last year or so... or more?) been enforcing the rules against any type of selling or trading of accounts.  That is definately against TOS....and very obvious in the language of the agreement we all signed.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2012-03-22 18:27:47 | Show thread starter's posts only

If it can be unbound it can now list for sale...

Signature
Posted on 2013-10-26 07:33:49 | Show thread starter's posts only

is it up to the seller to unbind it b4 advertising or include the unbind tool in price or is that up to seller to arrange 1 with or without current sale, would be good to clear that part up.

Signature
Posted on 2013-10-26 11:42:33 | Show thread starter's posts only

well obviously when making the actual trade it needs to be un-bound ....(so the seller must get an unbinding tool some how)
** note the buyer giving an unbinding tool to the seller before the actual trade, is just plain stupid.....  there is no grantee the seller will not just walk away with the unbinding tool (which has been done many times)
.... the buyer should sell the tool to the other player then pay for it during the actual trade or the seller should acquire one in another manner.

Not like we can force a person to unbind something, but.... it is up to the buyer to negotiate with the seller how or when it will be unbound.
there are reasons for not unbinding until the sale such as dropping, accidentally re-equipping (therefore rebinding), or just using the item until its sold..
so we understand advertising of a bound item.

It is the responsibility of the buyer to make sure it is unbound before the trade is made.

Sometimes the price of the unbinding tool is more than the price of the item.... so a smart seller would include the price of a unbinding tool in the selling price.

I seriously doubt if you make a mistake with this type of trade that IGG will help you (unless you are a high level VIP)...
so  buyer be ware.

- Ele

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2013-10-26 08:57 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-10-28 16:28:57 | Show thread starter's posts only

would also like to add all of this applies to direct to account IM sales and whole account sales too
there is no secure way to ensure payment when a direct to account IM sale is done, just like there is no secure way to make sure a sold account is transferred to the buyer.
Therefore those sales arent allowed because the forum shouldn't be a 3rd party to sales that are so easy to exploit.
any sales like these are all done at the buyer and sellers own risk.

it might be a bit cynical, but its still a good rule of thumb....
in any trade until its final, expect to get robbed and plan accordingly.
especially on the internet, many people will act in ways on the internet they would never dream of in person. the computer screen adds a layer of anonymity.

[ Last edited by seleniummc at 2013-10-28 17:30 ]

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2013-10-29 04:53 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-10-29 07:59:51 | Show thread starter's posts only

ok i had a hard time reading that Sel

Selling of accounts is illegal so  there is no reason to even mention it as a way to trade items.

Yes, you can gift someone's account with real money... but there is no way to be sure they give you anything (in game or RL) for your donation/gift,  so that method too is "illegal"

so No theses type of trades are not "done at own risk",  but are done against rules at high risk with no responsibly to IGG.

would also like to add all of this applies to direct to account IM sales and whole account sales too
there is no secure way to ensure payment when a direct to account IM sale is done, just like there is no secure way to make sure a sold account is transferred to the buyer.
Therefore those sales arent allowed because the forum shouldn't be a 3rd party to sales that are so easy to exploit.
any sales like these are all done at the buyer and sellers own risk.

it might be a bit cynical, but its still a good rule of thumb....
in any trade until its final, expect to get robbed and plan accordingly.
especially on the internet, many people will act in ways on the internet they would never dream of in person. the computer screen adds a layer of anonymity.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2013-10-29 15:54:23 | Show thread starter's posts only

well we know account sales happen, yea they are against the rules but they still happen anyway.
seen several people come on here after doing an account sale and complaining that they got cheated out of either the money or the account they bought.

so yea they are illegal but are done anyway
so doing something that is against the rules is done at their own risk, and they shouldnt expect help from IGG when they get scammed
that was my main point

Signature
Posted on 2013-12-17 14:37:10 | Show thread starter's posts only

how about an IM pack for sale protection??

i think might be worth to consider when we all know account sales are happening, wouldnt hurt to make IGG to get enough information to give safety for both sides

xT

Signature
<3 all my fans...  keep it up trying harder boys
Posted on 2014-01-23 12:06:36 | Show thread starter's posts only

Basically if you can put it in a booth in the game, then you are able to advertise that you want to buy or sell it here in the forums.

Signature