Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 12891

Total:#13

Create Thread

[Columbus] Strange underwater pyramid

[Copy link] 12/460

Posted on 2021-10-12 14:33:53 | Show thread starter's posts only

Ok I finally got one  lol

perhaps it is random?  I can only seem to get 1 de-buff at a time and I slowed my sailing speed to below 20.

Sailing from Lisbon to New Amsterdam
and I got it as I was North of the underwater city but I could still see the city...
878. -292  / 872, -286
sort of north west of city

I had to sail just north of the city 4 or 5 times... kept getting the same de-buff "billow"
but finally got:

854,-283
sort of north east of city

interesting to note I got the 2 above de-buffs when sailing north of the street that divides the city.
when I sail south of the street I get:

If you stay north of  xxx, -300  or south of xxx, -270 you do not get any de-buffs unfortunately the city is not quite square with the sailing grid so if you sail evenly with the border but too close you will get at least one buff probably the billow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weird thing is; I did not get any other levels of the de-buffs but perhaps they are out there somewhere.

There is also at least one other type of de-buff;  but I forgot to write coordinates...
ill keep sailing and see if I can find other areas

Signature
Posted on 2021-10-12 17:57:42 | Show thread starter's posts only

maybe its only the game hating me :D nah im still unsure why i always got 2. Wind was nice on today try and i sailed at 44 next to it, only got 1, seem like i always end on north side of it with auto track from new Amsterdam to lisbon

Signature
Posted on 2021-10-13 14:23:22 | Show thread starter's posts only

So maybe you can click on the overhead map - click a bit north of New Amsterdam then when you stop, sail to the anchor... instead of using auto track and avoid the de-buffs...

no time today to try stuff...

but ill post if i get other de-buffs.

- Ele

Signature