Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 12808

Total:#4

Create Thread

[Columbus] stuck at ID verifying / crash at start up (returning player)

[Copy link] 3/319

Posted on 2020-05-03 17:26:41 | Show thread starter's posts only

hi guys and girls.

ive returned (or tried to) after ten years hiatus. i  reinstalled the game and re activated my account, my game seems to hang up on the log in screen it just says verifying id. i have left it for up to 45 mins.

i have also tried making a new account with different email it logs straight in to character design when i select that character to play the game the game starts to load then crashes, it has done this 4 -5 times now in a row.

anyone have any ideas as to what is going on

cheers

---------------------------
edited title to reflect actual problem - Ele

Signature
Posted on 2020-05-04 02:09:50 | Show thread starter's posts only

log and relog and relog and relog till you can conect...if not...then try to find another game cos this one dont have support or wait till more people leave this game then you surely can conect.

Signature
Posted on 2020-05-04 04:31:59 | Show thread starter's posts only

Greetings. Which OS do you use? Even if you just made a fresh install of the game you could try to repair it with the "Fix" Button. If this is not helping I can show you where the crashes are logged. :)

Signature
Posted on 2020-05-04 11:48:06 | Show thread starter's posts only

To my knowledge the Fix button has never worked and in a few cases has only messed up files.

IF you have already tried it you may need to manually (the remove program does NOT work) remove all vco files and re- download.

make sure to manually download the update files...
and double check which version you were given you may need to do 2 or 5 update files depending on which version you were given.
see post 3 in this thread

we tend to have log in problems During event times
and for a bit afterward...
(we especially have problems Fri, Sat, Sun ) - click here for events schedule

the game has to log people into the battle server and when the event (for them) ends all are attempting to log back to regular servers at the same time and it overwhelms the system - IDK if this is what happened to you but it does happen... (groups from 3 servers are logging in and out every 15 -20 min... and after about the first 3 groups the system just bogs down)

Also all people and even worse for people in Europe or  South America; are having connection and lag problems...  the server were recently changed and that seemed to help some people.
but I know my provider here in the USA is having weird intermittent problems... connection is good then for 5 sec i loose connection then its back... so could also be something similar.

Even if this is not the problem, the only fix is to keep trying to log in.
take a few min break and try again....
(leaving it at ID verifying will do nothing ... you have to re-log and get a new connection)

if you get bad connection in game/ lag also only solution it to try to relog and relog until you chance upon a good connection.
we have had reports that some of the accounts can get hung up for a an hour or more after leaving the event...but not sure about "fresh log ins"

and before you worry too much on your end, we know the bad game connection is only about 10 - 20% internet connection... for some reason we just get terrible Network delay and fps due to game programming.

- Ele

what type of crash area you getting??
lately on my oldest character and the one that has the most data (drawings learned etc)  I often get a C++ crash....
Unfortunately when I look at the crash file it is most all ascii characters ... though i think it may have something to do with my windows 10 update in combination with the terrible game connections

Sunday my main crashed 3 times in 1 hour... yet my other characters stayed online...

I often get scenes where the data is not fully loaded... just exit and re enter through a portal to reload data.... sometimes you just have to walk/run a  bit of a distance away and come back.
(this is on all characters but mostly my 2 that have the most data associated with them... ie the 2 I play the most)

Signature