Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 9113

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Magellan&Marco Polo] Returning player

[Copy link] 7/202

Posted on 2018-11-01 11:04:17 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hi VCO Community,

So, I used to play VCO about 7 years ago, loved the game but slowly phased it out of my life due to other commitments.

Then about 2 years ago I started again, really got back into it, enjoyed the new story line, loved the bimini island quests, although i found them very hard when playing solo, in this time I also started contributing to the Wiki after discovering the Almanac was no longer a thing. However, I slowly phased out of the game again.

Now I am considering returning again, yet I've heard that the game is mostly full of alts and not many active players and that you can only make real progress if using the IM.

Is this the case? Are there many active guilds? Has the active playerbase dwindled down that much now?

_James_

Signature
Posted on 2018-11-01 11:15:01 | Show thread starter's posts only

If you enjoyed the questlines you can for sure have fun without any IM.
Also if you not wanna be top 10 players in your server especially not in half year it is free/cheap too.

However if you want to be fast top player you need lot of IM yes.

So all depends on your game style.

About the alts. Last 2 years population did not change to much. Yes In summer some ppl left but also atleast on some servers in last months some came back. Its the typical for and back. Also in near future we get new patch which bring ppl back again too usally.

So i would say its slightly less player than 2 years ago and if you just want have some fun and be medicore player within 1-2 years you dont need IM at all or atleast not that much (also depends ofc if play 1 hour a day or 1 a week or 10 a day :D )

Edit: Find a neutral guild quick to help you out is recommenend on your server. I think TheFamily still exists on MMP (if you like PvP ofc find a pvp guild :P).

Signature
The New Forum is lets say "special"......
Posted on 2018-11-01 11:19:10 | Show thread starter's posts only

I think I will come back then, I'm not fussed about being a top 10 player, I just want to enjoy it with an active community.

Regarding servers and playerbase....What is regarded as the busiest server now with an active playerbase, not just the most alts?

I believe my character on Marco is lvl 155, with 155 gear, (the ice blue armor).

I'd rather start a new one though if there is a better server to play on.

Signature
Posted on 2018-11-01 11:22:20 | Show thread starter's posts only

Not much has changed James , but do get lots of friends for instances and trades as stalls are not the thing so much now .

Signature
.http://voyagecentury.wikia.com 
Visit yourpiratescove.com for game features !
[url=http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976]http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976[/url]
Posted on 2018-11-01 11:23:59 | Show thread starter's posts only

Cheers Ledhed, is there a server that you would recommend starting again on? Or should I just carry on again on Marco?

Signature
Posted on 2018-11-01 11:28:57 | Show thread starter's posts only

If you already have a 155 gear char on MMP i would continue there. Most busy servers are MMP and Columbus, but Columbus server is split into different time zones and not worth start a new char for that

I some weeks there should be a server transfer event. So in case you dont like MMP you can transfer at that event for 1200 Credits to any other server with your chars.  If you dont have credits find a player who you trust and he can pay the 1200 credits for you...usally people want 250.000.000 silver for that.

Signature
Posted on 2018-11-01 11:31:28 | Show thread starter's posts only

Ok,

I'll try again on Marco, I'm going to go home shortly and reinstall it!

Signature
Posted on 2018-11-02 05:41:48 | Show thread starter's posts only

Server transfer event open now so in case you not like MMP can change server soon ;)

Signature