Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 9113

Total:#5

Create Thread

[Magellan&Marco Polo] Came Back After 10 Years! (Have some questions)

[Copy link] 4/402

Posted on 2018-08-24 10:36:55 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hi everyone!

I used to play religiously as a kid circa 08-09. I figured I’d jump back in to see how it might’ve changed.

Refreshing to see the same NPCs I remember seeing, plus some new ones. With those new NPCs are new quests I’m sure so that’s exciting.

There are new mechanics on the ships I don’t exactly remember and a few more skill looking things I just don’t remember seeing. Everything I was fammiliar with, playing the game now, was because I knew the game front and back when I used to play it.

I also remember a weekend event or something. Without having to be in a team, I remember talking to an NPC and he’d teleport me to a big room with a bunch of players and (for my level) was a plethora of skeletons to kill. The loot was incredible and I remember looking forward to it every weekend.

Does that still happen?

I see the team areas on the map that I’m sure provide the same sort of loot but, they require teams and well..I don’t think the friends I had play anymore and finding new people seems to be difficult when everyone’s just at the port AFK. I get it though

So hey if anyone gets on and wants to hang out with, or re-mentor a lvl 23 so so player, I’m Genre21 in the game. You’ll probably see me talking to every NPC on land, or in offshore trying to figure out why my sails won’t display when I’m at full sail.

Feels good to be back! I look forward to getting back in to the game

Signature
Posted on 2018-08-24 10:45:47 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hi welcome back to the game.

Few things to say:

1. Many ppl will tell you game is dead.
2. Game changed a lot in last 10 years.  It is not so much about level up and do quests anymore but  about doing instances.
3. If you want help i can do that but for that you on wrong Server ( i am Columbus).

oh and in case you did not do yet in recommend make a new char and not use your 10 year old one cause lot of stuff will be bugged then :D

Signature
The New Forum is lets say "special"......
Posted on 2018-08-24 13:59:38 | Show thread starter's posts only

Welcome back to the game!

The game has has almost completely changed since the first years so try not to compare past and present too much.

The current versions do not require or really need player production of items other than a very few high level items.  Uniforms and weapons are now first given then upgraded through NPC's.

To really progress in the game you must do team play (once you have gotten the beginner quest lines out of the way)  For some reason it always seems the items you need are given in areas/ instances that you just can't quite do on your own.

You can still do some thing solo.. like map/treasure hunting... or working on your storm voyage points killing certain pirates... but to do the daily quests (the higher level ones) will require a team.  
You can team your alts or even team a NPC in the game so you can complete the lower instances by yourself.... but again the highers level will require other players.

I suggest joining a guild after a day of play (to get re acquainted with the game).
I have found that many questions in chat go unanswered.. so it is best to have guild mates to ask.

That being said.. all players MUST start with the beginner quest line, then knights vigil 1 and knights vigil 2 quest lines.... after that usual Bimini/Atlantis then North Island (at least for a bit to get more points for rewards) .. and then where ever you guild mates take you...  Porto, Hurricane Island Deep forrest, Jamestown...

You MUST do the first 3 quest lines to get the free Uniforms and Jewelry and weapons that you you will need for upgrade.

Here is the list of guides: http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976

you will probably want to book mark that.

Remember FOLLOW the guides for the first 3 quest lines.... some of the wording in game is wrong or very confusing.

New Player Basic Game Information

Beginner quest lines are now broken into separate quest lines.  Do them in the following "order"
(it is suggested you jump around between some of the quest lines.  Such as do the 120 Knights vigil when you reach 120 in the middle of the beginner story line or do Voyagers times and daily quests when you need a break);

1)    2014 - New/ Beginning Player Start and Quest Line Guide
2)    2014 - 120 Knights Vigil Quest Line
3)    2014 - 140 Knight's Vigil II Quest line Guide - (Free 140 equipment)
4)    2014 - Bimi, Atlantis, Storyline, Quests, Exploration Log, Rewards
5)    North Island - Profession Storyline / Exploration / Cards / Rewards
2014 - Voyagers Times Quests
Silk Route, Saint Andrews - Quanzhu Daily Quests
World Ocean/ Naval Intelligence & Industrial Quests (must be level 120 to do these quests)
2014 - Gonzalez in Barcelona; Free 140 Weapon
Instances you can do daily; see the instances part of the list of guides

- Ele

Once you finish the first 3 quest lines... you will be about profession level 143.  This will vary depending on the days you play.  We get 2x Experience Friday through Sunday.

Signature
Posted on 2018-08-29 15:52:54 | Show thread starter's posts only

I suggest you follow ELLE around and and ask her questions all day . Or just read guides and grind up new story .

Signature
.http://voyagecentury.wikia.com 
Visit yourpiratescove.com for game features !
[url=http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976]http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976[/url]
Posted on 2018-08-30 11:45:10 | Show thread starter's posts only

I say you will not get back to this game, is full of buggers and you have to put a lot of real money to do something.

Signature