Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 9102

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Magellan&Marco Polo] (Looking for Chinese Speaker) 新手上路,英语1级...求个向导...

[Copy link] 7/1150

Posted on 2018-01-23 03:08:44 | Show thread starter's posts only

新手上路,英语1级...求个向导...  长期玩... 在线时间相对稳定...

麦哲伦&服务器马可波罗   游戏ID:达达泡泡糖

------------------------------------------

Google Translate:
Novice, English level 1 ... find a guide ... long-term play ... online time is relatively stable ...

Magellan & Server Marco Polo Game ID: Dada bubble gum
------
Prompt online Translation:
Novice on the road, English level 1 ...  Ask for a guide ... Long play ...

Online time is relatively stable ... Magellan & Server Marco Polo game ID: Tatsu Bubble gum

Signature
Posted on 2018-01-23 08:22:07 | Show thread starter's posts only

常见英语:
looking for yizhou team。寻找夷州队伍。
WTS IM 。我要卖点

Signature
Posted on 2018-01-23 13:10:39 | Show thread starter's posts only

My google translate skills tell me he is looking for a guide in MMP that speaks some chinese.

I translated the original message to:
Novice, English Level 1 ... seeking a guide ... long-term play ... online time is relatively stable. Magellan & Server Marco Polo Game ID: Dada bubble gum

IGID: 达达泡泡糖

Signature
Posted on 2018-04-30 22:56:12 | Show thread starter's posts only

你有微信吗?

------------------------
Do you have wechat?

-----------------------------------

WeChat is a Chinese multi-purpose messaging, social media and mobile payment app developed by Tencent.

微信是由腾讯开发的中文多用途短信,社交媒体和手机支付应用。

- Ele

Signature
我对这家公司非常伤心。
Posted on 2018-04-30 23:21:43 | Show thread starter's posts only

Warning if you use Wechat:

from wikipedia

Security concerns
WeChat operates from China under Chinese law, which includes strong censorship provisions and interception protocols.[sup][92][/sup] WeChat contains the ability to access the text messages and contact books of its users and users' locations through the GPS feature.[sup][92][/sup]
Countries and regions such as India,[sup][92,93,94][/sup], Australia[sup][95][/sup]the United States,[sup][96][/sup] China and Taiwan all fear that the app poses a threat to national or regional security for various reasons.[sup][92,97][/sup] In June 2013, the Indian Intelligence Bureau flagged WeChat for security concerns. India has debated whether or not they should ban WeChat for its possibility in collecting too much personal information and data from its users.[sup][93,98,99][/sup] In Taiwan, legislators were concerned that the potential exposure of private communications was a threat to regional security.
In 2016 Tencent was awarded a score of zero out of 100 in an Amnesty International report ranking technology companies on the way they implement encryption to protect the human rights of their users.[sup][100][/sup] The report placed Tencent last out of a total of 11 companies, including Facebook, Apple, and Google, for the lack of privacy protections built into WeChat and QQ. The report found that Tencent did not make use of end-to-end encryption, which is a system that allows only the communicating users to read the messages.[sup][101][/sup] It also found that Tencent did not recognize online threats to human rights, did not disclose government requests for data, and did not publish specific data about its use of encryption.[sup][102,103][/sup]
A September 2017 update to the platform's privacy policy detailed that log data collected by WeChat included search terms, profiles visited, and content that had been viewed within the app. Additionally, metadata related to the communications between WeChat users—including call times, duration, and location information—was also collected. This information, which was used by Tencent for targeted advertising and marketing purposes, might be disclosed to representatives of the Chinese government:[sup][104,105][/sup]

1. To comply with applicable law or regulations.
  2. To comply with a court order, subpoena, or other legal process.
  3. In response to a request by a government authority, law enforcement agency, or similar body.

Privacy issues
Users in China also have expressed concern for the privacy issues of the app. Human rights activist Hu Jia was jailed for three years for sedition. He speculated that the officials of the Internal Security Bureau of the Ministry of Public Security (known as guobao) listened to his voicemail messages that were directed to his friends, repeating the words displayed within the voice mail messages to Hu Jia. Chinese authorities have further accused the WeChat app of threatening individual safety. China Central Television (short CCTV), a state run broadcaster, featured a piece in which WeChat was described as an app that helped criminals due to its location-reporting features.....

there's more go to the site for more.

- Ele

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

如果您使用微信,请注意警告:

从维基百科

安全问题

微信根据中国法律从中国运营,其中包括强大的审查规定和拦截协议。[92]微信包含通过GPS功能访问用户和用户位置的短信和通讯录的功能。[92]

诸如印度[92,93,94],澳大利亚[95]美国,中国[96]中国[需要的]和台湾等国家和地区都担心该应用程序会对各国或地区的安全构成威胁的原因。[92] [97] 2013年6月,印度情报局出于安全考虑标记微信。印度一直在讨论是否应该禁止微信公司从其用户那里收集太多个人信息和数据。[93] [98] [99]在台湾,立法者担心私人通讯的潜在风险对地区安全构成威胁。

2016年,腾讯在大赦国际报告中排名靠前的技术公司的分数为100分,他们实施加密以保护用户的人权。[100]由于缺乏微信和QQ内置的隐私保护措施,该报告将腾讯最终从包括Facebook,苹果和谷歌在内的11家公司中撤出。该报告发现,腾讯没有使用端到端加密,这是一个只允许通信用户阅读消息的系统。它还发现,腾讯不承认网络对人权的威胁,没有披露政府对数据的请求,也没有公布关于使用加密的具体数据。[102] [103]

2017年9月对平台隐私政策的更新详细说明,微信收集的日志数据包括搜索条件,访问的配置文件以及在应用内查看的内容。此外,还收集了与微信用户之间通信有关的元数据(包括通话时间,持续时间和位置信息)。这些信息被腾讯用于有针对性的广告和营销目的,可能会向中国政府的代表披露:[104] [105]

遵守适用的法律或法规。
    遵守法庭命令,传票或其他法律程序。
    响应政府机关,执法机构或类似机构的要求。

隐私问题
中国用户也对应用的隐私问题表示担忧。维权人士胡佳因煽动叛乱被判入狱三年。他推测,公安部内部安全局官员(国家知识产权局)听取了他的语音信息,指向他的朋友,并将语音邮件中显示的文字重复给胡佳。中国当局进一步指控威胁个人安全的微信应用程序。中国中央电视台(简称央视)是一家国营广播公司,其中一篇文章称微信因其位置报告功能而成为帮助犯罪分子的应用程序。

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WeChat][/url]

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-01 01:11:04 | Show thread starter's posts only

Well I get it you hate WeChat but for the majority of us who don't hate WeChat and use it for daily communication and safe money transferring think it's a great application and if I am living an honest life I shouldn't have to worry about people knowing my location or what I am doing so I honestly don't care about the above statement but thank you for your concern and also I am aware of the saying "if you are not paying for it you are the product being sold" any free thing I sign up for I go into it with that premise You know  I am sure it is just as "safe" as messenger lol... However we have all seen the videos of Zuckerberg in congress not being able to answer those questions effectively about where or how the data is delt with

Signature
我对这家公司非常伤心。
Posted on 2018-05-01 01:48:27 | Show thread starter's posts only

omg that went political quickly

Signature
The New Forum is lets say "special"......
Posted on 2018-05-01 10:32:03 | Show thread starter's posts only

yeah well a lot of people like to give out too much data about themselves...
but wechat has so MANY features from
payments (there's your bank account numbers and spending records) to
chat (were you pissed off one day and threatened someone?)...
booking appointments (what dr you use, how many times a year )
keeps track of vacation days at work (so they know when u travel)
and so many many many more

AND,the Chinese government has admitted they can retrieve deleted we chat messages...

about the only thing WeChat doesn't have.. and it may by now; is a dating app...
and the Chinese government "supported"  a certain company for that last year... and several competitors were shut down for lewd content soon after...

yes "1984" is upon us (its a book look it up).

the question is how to combat it....  yeah it is political.. sigh

- Ele

I guess ill stop here or ill have to move this to off topic. 
shutting up now.

:)

Signature