Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 9102

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Discussion] 2560x1080 Monitor Settings not working

[Copy link] 7/749

Posted on 2017-11-28 18:01:05 | Show thread starter's posts only

Can someone help with my monitor settings in game please.

I have always played VCO at 2560x1080 with no problems until afew weeks ago.
(the same as my monitor setting and with full screen ticked on)
The problem is that when i talk to an npc the message box pops up,thats good and fine,that works,
but the problem is with the guild supplier or the tiger totem exchanger type npc,
when I click on them to get anything the message box disappears,Ive since found its still there but its out of sight of my monitor now due to the 2560x1080 setting.
If I use 1920x1080 the message box appears to the far right hand corner of my monitor and Im just able to click on it and drag it back into the middle of my screen,as per my pic.

Is there some way to keep playing at 2560x1080 ?
otherwise is there some other way to play in full screen ?

Regards

Marty

Signature
Posted on 2017-11-28 18:24:39 | Show thread starter's posts only

This shouldn't be happening. I would understand the box appearing outside the window if you went from bigger to smaller resolution, but not the other way around.

You said you played normally until recently, do you know what triggered this change?
If it appeared randomly out of nowhere, maybe some file got corrupted, have you tried reinstalling the game?
Do you have some scaling going on? Possibly DSR?

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://yourpiratescove.com
Posted on 2017-11-28 18:35:17 | Show thread starter's posts only

Yes,reinstalled 4 times trying to figure this out.

Ive since found If I use a lower setting everything seems to be fine,,*just*
Im guessing this has something to do with an update,but I didnt notice until now.

anyone else using a large monitor ?
what settings are you using to get full screen ?

Signature
Posted on 2017-11-28 18:53:01 | Show thread starter's posts only

*Edit 1*
sry maintenance happened in the middle of me answering..

Hmm  2560x1080...
Mine is 1920x1080 (suggested) [ Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution ]..
so not nearly as wide as yours but...

I started having problems about 8-10 months ago and had to stop playing full screen because it was stretching the picture too much...

change your settings from the start up screen:

there are only 6 resolutions to choose from....
they may have changed them semi recently as I don't remember my exact resolution being in the list and it now is... or maybe it was and i was trying to compensate for the windows bar (windows 7) to not be hidden.... i think that was it.

I had to try ALL of the available settings and just choose the one that best worked with my screen size.
Flipped between my best 2 choices a few times (yes changed settings, started game to look, then shut down and changed over and over...)
Ended up using windowed mode because nothing was an exact fit.

Your screen is very wide.  If you use full screen your view would definitely be skewed/stretched....
 so use windowed mode.  None are made for your screen size.
I suggest you try them all, because some may be cut off a bit height wise to compensate for the width... but they still might work ok.

and yes it use to be you could change the code on your copy of the game files directly...
but lately every time i try i end up screwing up my game files and having to re-download.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2017-11-29 02:50:58 | Show thread starter's posts only

Thank you for your reply,Ive taken your advice and have chosen the 1920 setting,at this point in time it seems to be the best option for me.

Its not full screen but hey it works and I can now see the tiger totem and other npc's message boxes.

If anyone finds a fix please let us know,
Regards

Marty

Signature
Posted on 2018-03-28 14:26:55 | Show thread starter's posts only

same problem here. it runs fine with 1920 but 2560 is unplayable due to same reason.

Signature
Posted on 2018-03-28 16:24:06 | Show thread starter's posts only

how are you even choosing 2560??
it is not one of the 6 options.

1280 x 540 = 2560 x 1080  and neither is one of the options.

remember the game use to put placement of items and screens from the 0,0 grid point ... until they did some work around.....
but I am sure that is why they only have 6 settings as they had to make some code to translate the locations for the screen sizes... with some catch all coding like if x> 1080 then x1= x-1080...  and now let x=x1...

and well yes,  the 1920x 1080 should work as the x distance is <2560 and y=1080
but if you use full screen, you probably have a horizontally stretched picture by about 20%.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2018-04-27 02:13:58 | Show thread starter's posts only

you use to be able to type it in the display settings tab on the main menu (not working for me now)
or you could change the InI file ( not working for me ether now)

So just on 1920 setting.

----------
edited sentence to past tense so players fully understand, these type of changes are not able to be done anymore.  - Ele

Signature