Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 9236

Total:#33

Create Thread

[Magellan&Marco Polo] Old gamers

Hot Topics [Copy link] 32/8324

Posted on 2014-02-19 15:38:35 | Show thread starter's posts only

There is a reason why there are so few 'old gamers' left.

The game is but a shadow of its former self. The power creep went through the roof and the IM destroyed what was left. The only reason this game is even alive is the thousands that are spent daily by the very few.

I thought I might be interested to see how the game as evolved. Maybe there was some fun left after all. I logged in, looked around and said no thanks. This game needs to return to it's roots if you ever want to have a large player base. Just the fact that 95% of all forum posts are moderators is a clue.

If you are still enjoying this game, that's great. Enjoy what you will and have fun doing it, just don;t expect this game to grow, because it hasn't since 2010.

Signature
Posted on 2014-02-19 18:09:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

Original posted by adeda1 at 19-2-2014 01:37 PM
Hey guys. I didnt play on my account for about three years. I typed right username and password for sure and cannot log in.
I remember that there was something like Account Recovery. Years ago i did i ...

This is the page you're looking for bud. (Reactivates idle accounts)  Best of luck getting back into the game! http://vc.igg.com/event/reactivate/index.php f49

Original posted by PigeonPoop at 19-2-2014 03:38 PM
There is a reason why there are so few 'old gamers' left.

The game is but a shadow of its former self. The power creep went through the roof and the IM destroyed what was left.

This is true!
I've recently come back myself from however many years break I had.
Now everywhere I go there is a currency for this to be traded in for that.
Which in turn exchanges for this which then after weeks of saving them can be turned into that!
Makes me just want to! f75

I'm going to be honest though!

After not playing for a long time I really have no idea what I'm doing. Like, at all.
So much has changed! But, whilst this endlessly frustrates me. I do know is that it's STILL fun after all these years to jump out onto the high seas and start sailing around.
It's STILL fun to find that old mate of yours from years back that's still in game and into the rat-race of refining and gearing.

I think that this game will always be one that won't have a large population base. But, the people it already has are committed and won't go anywhere. /f51
You only have to browse around on the forums and look at the piles of information and guides the player base has written to see that.

At this point in the games history it's not so much about the game play in my opinion.
It's about the laughs you get when you walk back to your computer and see your sunken ship in a storm. /f83
It's about the times where you giggle to yourself as your about to kill a player.
That amazing moment when your voyage FINALLY reached 91 and you realized you could use a level 10 ship. f45

The game is time consuming and requires a lot of dedication and hard work to get anywhere. But, with that comes a sense of achievement and fulfillment.
And after all. Isn't that what a games for!? f32

[ Last edited by MPE5 at 2014-2-19 18:12 ]

Signature
That Aussie kangaroo rider.
Posted on 2014-04-08 22:34:44 | Show thread starter's posts only

I still remember when getting a lvl 3 battleship meant you were on top of the world

Signature
Posted on 2014-06-06 02:49:45 | Show thread starter's posts only

Was in sanctuary left vco for a bit then joined tradersuk.just had a lil sail and peek around seville seems quiet no drama

Signature
Posted on 2014-06-06 07:47:22 | Show thread starter's posts only

I do not play often . Thid game at one time was a main focus and had a pc just for it on 24/7 .
Now I pop in to check out friends or new content or old alts. True it is bad if your going for the top ranks but if your just messing with it it is still fun.

Signature
http://voyagecentury.fandom.com

http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2014-07-14 08:06:34 | Show thread starter's posts only

i am one of oldplayers PM Deili Magellan&Marcopolo

Signature
Posted on 2014-07-15 06:01:35 | Show thread starter's posts only

im playing since........... cant remember

Signature
Posted on 2015-01-26 00:23:06 | Show thread starter's posts only

;) here and still kicking from one of the very first few players to join the vco world. Never left megallen not even once. My loyalty runs thick in since my first guild was Loyalists and we owned Seoul :D And had our fun. now i am back.. demon1200 .. me i am here. . to all enemys . . demon will find you. when i do fear for it maybe your last day without nightmares. sincerely dino of megallen . happy hunting ;)

Signature
Posted on 2015-01-29 05:53:36 | Show thread starter's posts only

Original posted by MPE5 at 19-2-2014 05:09 PM
But, the people it already has are committed and won't go anywhere

I think you are right....we should be committed

Signature
Posted on 2015-02-05 18:03:39 | Show thread starter's posts only

i hear in-game still couple of players from the old days are still here.. well give me a shout!

illithiiry member - Manos

Signature