Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 8211

Total:#5

Create Thread

[Da Gama+James Cook] I have just returned after 10 years

[Copy link] 4/288

Posted on 2020-05-08 08:14:01 | Show thread starter's posts only

Alright, so I just returned and I can't see Da Gama & James Cook on the server list, only Columbus and some new ones.

I just wanted to check, I reactivated my account on the web page as well.

How do I access Da Gama now? that's the server I used to play at.

I don't seem to have any characters in any other server, which is weird..

Signature
Posted on 2020-05-08 08:39:20 | Show thread starter's posts only

da gama got merged with zeng he some months ago... all da gama players now on zeng he  or on other servers

Signature
The New Forum is lets say "special"......
Posted on 2020-05-08 12:29:27 | Show thread starter's posts only

I got no characters there though, its weird :S

Signature
Posted on 2020-05-08 13:16:06 | Show thread starter's posts only

Double check all 3 regular servers

Columbus, Magellan & Marco Pollo, Zheng He (all servers are old even though Zheng He says  "new" its been around since October 2010 - but it is the newer of the 3 especially now that it was merged with DG & JC) )

"battle server" is used for events - the system will log people off regular servers and into the battle server and vice versa when events are over.

if your characters are not on any of the 3 servers and if you really really want your characters back you can ask support... but past incidents of disappeared characters show they do not usually recover them.
IGG Customer / Client Support Links; contact info

that being said;
I would not recommended trying to play a character that is 10 yrs old anyway.

140 is pretty much beginner level now (170 max).
I suggest creating 1 new character (per account and per server - at most)
this way you can trade items and coin with yourself by having 2 accounts (2 game clients) open at the same time.

New characters get lots of items to help them progress faster; Special potions, temp ship auxiliaries, level 10 ships, a whole list can be found in/on:
New / Beginning Player Start and Quest Line Guide

Do the Beginner Quest line first (FOLLOW THE GUIDE as some NPC and in game voyage log words are incorrect or missing)... then do Knights Vigil 1 then Knights Vigil 2.

By the end of those you will need to find a guild with members who are willing to help you out, answer questions, and take you to do daily instances and quests.

Also be sure to read the 2 pages of helpful hints on the beginner guide - I know its a lot but it really will help you out a lot and keep you from getting frustrated since there is NO in game help.

-----------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------
this is from 2nd post of List of Guides

New Player Basic Game Information

Beginner quest lines are now broken into separate quest lines.  Do them in the following "order"
(it is suggested you jump around between some of the quest lines.  Such as do the 120 Knights vigil when you reach 120 in the middle of the beginner story line or do Voyagers times and daily quests when you need a break);

A lot of first time player information is included at the beginning of the Beginning Player Start and Quest line Guide

1)    2014 - New/ Beginning Player Start and Quest Line Guide
2)    2014 - 120 Knights Vigil Quest Line   (lvl 120 to start quest line)
3)    2014 - Bimi, Atlantis, Storyline, Quests, Exploration Log, Rewards (lvl 120 to start quest line)
4)    2014 - 140 Knight's Vigil II Quest line Guide - (Free 140 equipment) (lvl 140 to start quest line)
5)    North Island - Profession Storyline / Exploration / Cards / Rewards (lvl 120 required, 140 suggested to start quest line)
2014 - Voyagers Times Quests (quests start at various levels, some do start at level 1)
Silk Route, Saint Andrews - Quanzhu Daily Quests (lvl 60 to receive quests)
World Ocean/ Naval Intelligence & Industrial Quests (level 120 to do these quests)
2014 - Gonzalez in Barcelona; Free 140 Weapon (lvl 100 to see first quest, lvl 140 to see weapon quest)
2014 - Valentines Day Daily Quest & Quest Line (lvl 120 to receive quests)
2018 - Arena Quests (lvl 60, 90, 120 to receive different sets of quests)
Request quest line (daily task) (Any level can start the quests but level 140+ recommended to kill Rampant Pirates)

Instances you can do daily; see the instances part of the list of guides
Beginner instances; Crete (sea) Battlefield, Crete Maze copy (Instance), Straight of Gibraltar (Sea), Mallorca Instance, Madagascar Instance, Bombay Instance. - you will need the drops from these instances to refine/improve the stats of your equipment and they give a lot of experience/leveling points. You can do each instance up to 3 times per day!

I also suggest you to the daily trade task (Athens or Sanctum of memories) every day you play - you will need the trade point cards (TPC) to get refining items for your equipment (see Trade points Exchanger in Barcelona city)

The daily Valentines task give a high amount of experience for very little work.  Do it daily.
At level 60 you can do the low level arena quests and they give good experience as well.

Make money by farming the cannon and figureheads in North Sea instance (use double drop card when possible).... Until you are strong enough to farm Hurricane Island Cave instance (farm cannon operator jewelry)

If you can get someone to help you kill the Rampant Pirates in London Suburbs, do the daily task  "Request; Supply Officers Request" (level 1 to take quests) from the NPC on London Upper dock (next to the mid-summer event envoy).
Keep all items from that quest; You will need the items from that quest in the future.

If at all possible, when starting a new character play on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
We get double experience (on most things done in game) on those days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All new players NEED to start the game by doing the Beginner Story line Quest
(Quest line starts when your character first appears in game,
you talk to the NPC in front of you).

There really is no other way to obtain level 140 fast, except to do all 3 quest lines.
(Beginner, Knights Vigil 120, Knights Vigil 140)
140 is now considered start of game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2020-05-08 13:38:57 | Show thread starter's posts only

Dude thanks for the info!

had no idea..

Idk I had such nostalgia from this game lol

Signature