Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 8211

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Da Gama+James Cook] Is anyone else playing on Zheng and DaGamma?

[Copy link] 7/1161

Posted on 2018-05-03 20:26:52 | Show thread starter's posts only

I'm a newbie and have characters in both Zheng He and Da Gama.  I have never seen another character around Athens other than in-game characters.  Was just wondering where the peeps are and are there any other newbies out there.

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-03 21:41:48 | Show thread starter's posts only

They all went to magellan & marco polo the only server where the game is worth playing and players are active for more than 1 hour a day. Strongly suggest u do the same, sooner u leave the happier u be unless u have a large group of friends in which you transfer. for 1000 special service thru gm, mods can direct you if u not prepared to restart, that said mmp has a tonne of refines and active marketplace so you shld acquire them 3x faster if u can farm the silver to pay for them.

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-04 00:22:08 | Show thread starter's posts only

I do not think you will see many players (who are not AFK) in Athens on any server.
It also depends what time of day you usually play... because if you do the math... work days, anytime after about 10pm USA west coast (0600 GMT) to about 8AM west coast (16:00 GMT), it gets slightly dead for a few hours because Europe is not quite home from work and USA is sleeping...(yes some are still playing but more will show up after work hours)

Athens is the most beginner city.
Once you finish your beginner quest line and knights vigil quest lines then you will be off to other areas and only come back to Athens to stand and wait for a double drop card on weekends... or if you have an alt they might be mining/logging/fishing (passport area)... but most use the one in Seville.

Most people set up sales booths in Seville as well... and you can take your daily tasks in the sanctum of memories in Seville... so most do not sail to Athens to get daily tasks, unless they happen to be cutting through the Suez "canal" or have a trade trend in that area.
So, yes, MMP has a lot more people but they tend to be PVP oriented.  If you like solo play or just playing with a small core group of guildies then the "dead" servers might  meet your needs.

- ele

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-04 02:26:34 | Show thread starter's posts only

Columbus has some players too... but yes zeng he and da gama are the most dead server you can choose:D

btw if you are newbie dont wait for a transfer or pay 55dollar for that.... just make a new char on MMP or on Columbus (can use same account name/password)  and start play there

Signature
The New Forum is lets say "special"......
Posted on 2018-05-04 02:26:49 | Show thread starter's posts only

double posted gg forum.....

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-04 08:29:10 | Show thread starter's posts only

Will DaGama Server end? What is the minimum amount of players needed to keep the server running?

Signature
Hello! My name is Miguel, but you can call me Migas
Currently playing in DaGama and looking for someone to talk more about the game
Posted on 2018-05-04 11:23:05 | Show thread starter's posts only

i think igg to lazy to end it :D but it is pretty dead

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-04 13:53:00 | Show thread starter's posts only

The server merge tool is broken and will probably never be fixed...
it is up to the players to migrate to a server they want to be in.

In theory they could close a server but the people who own cities and colonies would complain to much.  They would rather play dead server then loose all that real money and time invested.

And my personal theory.. less people = less lag. ?  *grin*

- ele

Signature