Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 8078

Total:#14

Create Thread

[Da Gama+James Cook] Returning player

[Copy link] 13/1446

Posted on 2016-08-06 20:13:10 | Show thread starter's posts only

I have been out of game for.. years.. Looking for a active guild, hopefully one that as members whom will not mind helping me get back up to speed on game(just info/advice on new stuff etc).

I do however have basic equipment since i was super nice when quitting, and handed out pretty much whatever was not bound or i could not unbound. I will work towards new gear myself, so no worries that I'm seeking freebies.. Just wanted to point that out as i wont be much help with sieges etc right away.

IGN General_Maximus

Signature
Posted on 2016-08-07 10:43:44 | Show thread starter's posts only

Sieges are now a low priority and the game is changed to focus more on building your account for the BG system and getting rank and generals .
 Most everything a player needs now to get to high level is available as non item mall .
 Most all guilds now work as teams and build players and ships as teams .
 This new version is unlike the old VCO , it is a entirely new world and system.
 Guilds on Da Gamma will welcome you . You can do storyline quest and end up at lvl 140 with gear to match . You need both land and sea as game has changed to focus almost equally on land and sea instances.
 I was out of game for a long time myself . I came back and am a total nub despite playing since 2006 and even when not active , because of forum I was in game doing something even if was feeding PETS . I could not sit at PC so I had to use laptop or TV and a controller , no keyboard . I found other titles that helped me ignore misery of injury ..that I could use TV and laptop with . AND most important a controller . VCO was not possible to hotkey and play with a controller .
 Now I am sitting at PC and am enjoying VCO for first time since maybe 2010-2011 .
 This " new " version is not only FUN but you van advance freely with little or no item mall . So you may find MANY players just like us , jumping back into the game after time away .
 Most everyone who comes back now STAYS unlike in the past . So it is much more stable .
 Have fun , I have my Main on Da Gamma now unguilded for first time ever . But I have mains on all servers . MMP I play pirates so I have mostly Jail as my guild . But Columbus and Zhenghe have awesome Guilds , that help and share and provide fun and team play .

Signature
.http://voyagecentury.wikia.com 
Visit yourpiratescove.com for game features !
[url=http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976]http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976[/url]
Posted on 2016-08-13 21:22:19 | Show thread starter's posts only

I have been loggin in at random times checking things out since this post (and be for), and here is what i have noticed:

1. Extremely inactive server(maybe whole game, but cant speak for other servers).
2. Only a handful of players actually moving around.
3. Mostly the same characters standing afk in the same place for days.
4. Extreme boredom 

I may have missed something here, but doubtful. I think the best course of action is for me to uninstall the game for the final time. No real lose as all of the people i once played with no longer can be found in game. I did have high hopes the game had grown for the better, but I just don't see either of those.

Thanks for the reply none the less, the lack of replies was also another contributing factor to lead me to the conclusion the game is still declining. 

Best of luck

GeneralMaximus

Signature
Posted on 2016-08-14 07:24:55 | Show thread starter's posts only

Its hard when you come back . Not many players at lvl 140-145 , or lower . Most players are in game in an instance doing things for the silver . It is not busy like before . everyone is someplace doing things . ATHENS has dailies so usually alts waiting for them . But other cities have the daily NPC in an instance . The games changed completely from old versions.
 I played wow enough to have 13 lvl 100 toons ..just made and tried a DH . I rather play VCO .

Signature
.http://voyagecentury.wikia.com 
Visit yourpiratescove.com for game features !
[url=http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976]http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976[/url]
Posted on 2016-08-14 14:27:16 | Show thread starter's posts only

Led just tried to get you to go to his server... (grin)
the most active server is MMP...  and probably 2nd most active is Columbus..the people Who play MMP are pretty high level and play many hours per day and some are big Item mall spenders... so it will depend on what kind of play you are looking for.. but yes, the game has been going for 9 years, so  of course the population has declined... but you never know if you will fit in until you try.

It might also help if you said what your regular play hours are (GMT)...

- Ele

Signature
Christmas Eve
Monday, December 25, 2017
Posted on 2016-08-15 06:25:53 | Show thread starter's posts only

99%of comeback players just got bored in rl and want something new. but after 1-3days in vco they will delete game again..........i guess

Signature
Montag-Dienstag-Mittwoch-Donnerstag-Freitag-Samstag-Sonntag
Posted on 2016-08-18 19:44:22 | Show thread starter's posts only

bored with real life? I'm hardly bored with my life, and live a pretty busy and fulfilled life imo. I'm only looking for a game to pass time when away for work, its rather cheaper then spending money for entertainment (movies, show's, events etc). I thought i would give vco another go after years of not playing, but it seems all the people i once knew in game have gone. There's only 2 names on my friends list that have been green,  and i remember both of them as being major AFK'ers in the game back then(not saying that in a negative way). 

It's hard t show any interested in a game with an extremely lack of player base, maybe if they combined some of these servers things would change (I don't know , just my guess).

I'm not trying to down the game, i thought it was a great game back in the day(well i didn't agree with giving free gear/ships back then). I'm simply stating what i see, which is why i cant see my self returning.

Signature
Posted on 2016-08-31 00:34:53 | Show thread starter's posts only

I just reinstalled myself and am having issues with the storyline quest. I have too many things authenticated to progress through like step 12 on the main story line, and not high enough to hit the level 120 quest.... So be prepared to grind to hit the next quest lines.

The server is super quiet. Its weird, especially compared to the vco I remember from like 8 years ago. Id come back though, if for no other reason than the nostalgia.

Signature
Posted on 2016-08-31 07:34:43 | Show thread starter's posts only

Having too many things authenticated should not affect your beginner quest line.
in # 12 you authenticate a sheep horn.  The game should recognize that you already have authenticated it and progress to the next step where you click pascal a 2nd time and get a weapon.

If it is not doing this then .. well something is wrong.
Are you using a really old character?
A newly created one?

You may get stuck in Seville (#31) until they fix that glitch again.. but you shouldn't be stuck on #12.

- Ele

Signature
Christmas Eve
Monday, December 25, 2017
Posted on 2016-08-31 11:00:07 | Show thread starter's posts only

Really, really old. 

Almost 10 years old actually....

I have tried killing another bellweather, relogging, etc etc. Doesn't work.

Signature