Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 272095

Total:#10

Create Thread

[Discussion] Name change not working?

[Copy link] 9/2441

Posted on 2018-05-18 12:39:20 | Show thread starter's posts only

I wanna change my nickname and stay on the same server it says. Name Changing Sign-UP Time: now until 11:59pm May 21st EST(GMT-5)

but when i try to do it , only want me to pay 500 credits but i dont see any option to fill in the name i want! 

What to do?

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-18 13:24:32 | Show thread starter's posts only

Please READ very carefully and follow the instructions on:

[Announcements] Character Name Change & (Server) Transfer Service Available May 15-28, 2018

*** NOTE***
Name change only works if your toon name has illegal (letter/symbol) characters in it.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-18 21:18:39 | Show thread starter's posts only

In addition to Ele's reply.
If the option is not there, then your character doesn't have any illegal characters (letters/symbols) in his name.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: https://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2018-05-20 14:21:47 | Show thread starter's posts only

i know certain ppl that change name every time is up on mmp and is not spending IM and their name has not illegal characters, so that event work partially for certain player that know change their name, ask sirblade aka witchhunter for more info before he change his name again.

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-20 15:51:58 | Show thread starter's posts only

I applied my alt 3 times so far. It actually has an illegal character in his name, but they never changed it. They did take the credits from me.

Applied it again, for the 4th time. I'm interested to see if the same thing happens again.

Signature

Posted on 2018-05-20 21:13:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

Replying to Ele's comment in previous post, its too long for a comment.

My alt has a non breaking space in his name. You write it by holding ALT and then pressing 255 on numpad. Its an unicode character, works well under codepage 1250, but ever since the game switched to codepage 936, the game displays non breaking spaces as a chinese symbols. Because of that no one can pm me and I'm afraid if something happens to that char, GM won't be able to fix it, just as he couldn't fix my guild when the leader got kicked out in the past, so he had to remake the whole guild because the old one also had non breaking space in its name... you remember that struggle. I have a lot of mats on that alt, invested lots of time into him, would suck to lose him that's why I keep applying for a name change but it just doesn't work for some reason...

As for the allowed characters, I looked at the script and dug these rules.

1. Form wont validate if there are no backup names written (if you leave the fields empty).

2. Form wont validate if one of these words are used:

shit, fuck, gay, idiot, noob, fucking, asshole, faggot, suck, suckdick, suckball, fuckup, bitch, cunt, dildo, penis, blowsemen, whore, sonofbitch, nigger, screw, screwyou, dick, igg, vco, gm

3. Form wont validate if the name has a space as one of the characters.

4. Form wont validate if the name has more than 15 characters.

And basically that's all it tests for. If you follow those rules, it will allow you to sign up for a name change... Now what happens beyond the scenes, I don't know.

Also, here's proof that I signed 4 times for name change. First 3 times it says Operation Succeeded, but notice how the former character name never changes.

Signature

Posted on 2018-05-29 11:23:17 | Show thread starter's posts only

And there we go. Operation succeeded.

Credits deducted.

Name not changed.

Also, that censorship I mentioned in my previous post doesn't mean anything. Can easily go around it and pick an offensive name. Even if its clearly against TOS.

So this level of incompetence is just beyond my comprehension. They should fire everyone working at IGG.

Signature

Posted on 2018-06-01 10:22:32 | Show thread starter's posts only

them is perfectly decent noble English names, probably find them in the electoral roll.

Signature
They say that human experimentation is illegal....in your case it was not illegal enough
Posted on 2018-06-02 11:03:31 | Show thread starter's posts only

Okay, this is what support told me.

We do apologize for the wait. Regarding your problem, we are sorry but currently it is only available to change the name during the migration among servers. We do not have the name-changing service to change name if you stay in the same server.

So apparently if you don't change the servers they can't change the name for you, even though it has illegal characters and you paid for it.

Signature

Posted on 2018-06-02 11:07:58 | Show thread starter's posts only

That totally DOES NOT make sense because name change is done first and you stay on the server... Then after it is completely over you sign up for server changes.

- Ele

Signature