Introduction and basic information
Ship-building is one of the 17 character skills available. Its categorized as production skill. Ship-building is mostly used for ship equipment production and ship repairing. The maximum level this skill can reach is 120. It has several stunt skills which increase characters stats and give him the ability to repair ship in any situation.
Ship-building stunt skills (subskills)
Ship-building skill have 3 regular stunt skills which can be purchased at skill tutor and 1 special stunt skill called Urgent Repair which cannot be purchased at skill tutor.
| ||Optimize Manufacturing||Increases crafting success rate.||Passive||none||none||none|
|Shipbuilder Spirit||Permanently increases characters SP by 5 points.||Passive||none||none||none|
|Battle Repairing||Repairs ship while sailing or battling in offshore using the following formula:|
floor(Battle Repairing level * Ship-building level * 2.5).
|Active||10 seconds||3 minutes||100|
| ||Urgent Repair||Repairs 5% hull every second. Can only be used during boarding scene.||Active||10 seconds||15 minutes||100|
Urgent Repair is not available at skill tutor. To obtain this special stunt player needs to acquire Urgent Repair Skill Manual. Urgent Repair Skill Manual is available for exchange in Lisbon Dock at the NPC named Eraldo. More information about it can be found here: (guide not available yet).
Ship-building profession skills
Ship-building skill has one related profession skill. This skill is absolutely necessary to craft items with ship-building skill.
|Ship Equipment Manufacture||Enables you to produce items with ship-building skill. |
At certain ship-building levels players are able to buy titles which appear next to the players name. They can be bought at any skill tutor. List of all ship-building titles, their prices, level requirements and amount of reputation they give can be found in the table below.
|Level req.||Title||Reputation gained||Cost (Silver Coins)|
|91||Shipbuilding Great Master||18,000||1,800,000|
Crafting items with ship-building skill requires hammer. Hammers can be bought at any skill tutor with an exception of Quality Hammer, which can only be bought in certain cities, being Seville, Posseidonia, Beijing and American cities. There are several types of hammers. Each hammer has a limit on the highest level item it can craft.
How to craft items
|Icon||Name||Level req.||Crafts items level||Durability||Price (Silver Coins)|
|Inferior Hammer||1||1 to 3||250||600|
|Hammer||31||1 to 6||350||17,000|
|High-Level Hammer||61||1 to 10||500||70,000|
|Quality Hammer||101||1 to 15||750||100,000|
- Open command interface (press CTRL + A).
- Click "On Land" tab.
- Right click Shipbuilding Compose button to open compose interface.
- Left side of the interface shows the list of the items which can be made.
- After selecting the item on the left side, the right side of the interface will show the list of materials required to produce the selected item. Player can also see a preview of the item by rolling the mouse over item icon.
- If selected, "Auto Compound" option will compound items on its own until it runs out of materials.
- If selected, "Replace with advanced materials" option will use higher level materials than required if they are available.
Good to know
- Higher level metal and timber can be used to produce armors and figureheads.
- Auto compound will use materials from warehouse if player doesn't have any in characters inventory or ship's inventory.
- Timber and metal up to level 7 are sold in every city at Blacksmith also called Weaponsmith in some cities.
- Charms, uniforms, hats, jewelry with SP regeneration are very useful when making mass of armors and figureheads. They provide faster SP regeneration.
- Charms, uniforms, hats, jewelry with load are useful when making mass of armors and figureheads.
- Merchant Ship is useful when making mass of figureheads and shields because it has more load than other ships so more material can be stored in it.
- Auto compound is very helpful option when making mass of armors and figureheads.